WHAT TO BRING
To promote a more comfortable stay, there are items we encourage clients to bring with them upon admission. As we strive to provide a secure environment, there are certain items that are not allowed on campus. Lists of both acceptable and unacceptable items are below.
As with all elements of your stay, Harbor Hall staff is available to assist you. If there is an item you’d like to bring that doesn’t appear on the lists below, a member of our staff can let you know whether or not it is an acceptable item.
This list is subject to change. If you have any questions, please call us.
NOTE: CLIENT CAN NOT DRIVE SELF IN PERSONAL VEHICLE
Please bring :
- Three forms of Identification: Birth certificate, divers license, Social Security Card, Military ID, Picture ID, Insurance card if applicable.
- All relevant medical records and/or TB test if within the past 6 months – if available.
- Water bottle and/or coffee mug WITH LID (must have a lid).
- All Prescription medications that have been authorized by medical staff. Bring enough of refills to cover the entire length of stay.
- Comfortable, informal clothing appropriate for the season. Bring enough clothes to last at least one week – there is limited storage, please do not over pack. Washers and dryers are available free of charge. Bring laundry detergent – liquid, powder or pods accepted.
- Comfortable walking shoes and gym clothes.
- Personal Toiletries such as soap, shampoo, tooth paste/brush, shower shoes, wash cloth, towels (at least 2), etc…
- It is okay to bring a small amount of cash for personal spending but it is not recommended to have more than $50 at any given time.
- BRING OWN PILLOW – all other bedding will be supplied.
- Alarm clock
- Small personal fan if used for sleeping
- Cigarettes (if applicable) – rolling device on site – no vaping.
STORAGE SPACE IS LIMITED. PLEASE PACK ACCORDINGLY.
These items will not be accepted and are encouraged to be left at home. You will be searched the day of arrival. If any of these items are brought on campus, they will be removed and placed in a secure area until discharge – with the exception of alcohol and drugs which will be disposed of. This list includes, but is not limited to:
- No Weapons
- No Alcohol or products that contain alcohol. This includes colognes or perfumes.
- Limited makeup. Reasonable coverage for the purpose of self-esteem is appropriate. Nothing that pushes the boundaries of self-advertising. This will be addressed therapeutically and as a team as needed. Foundation, mascara, eye shadow and liner, is acceptable. Fake eyelashes, contouring, pancake style, heavy attention-seeking eye liner, excessive eye shadow, and anything that is “extra,” will not be permitted and will be stored in your luggage until discharge.
- No hair tools. Such as curlers, straighteners, flat iron, curling iron, and dryers. Harbor Hall will provide hair driers.
- No drugs, illicit, prescribed or over-the-counter that have not been prior approved. No over the counter medications including vitamins, and powder supplements.
- No electronics: personal television, cell phones, computers, electronic notebook or any other communication device that can connect to the internet, text or make calls. No electronic games or devices. No Ear/head phones. Small radios are allowed if electrically safe.
- You may bring hair clippers but they are locked up in tech office.
- No playing cards or other gambling items.
- No electronic smoking devices. No vapes.
- Recommended not to bring any items of high value such as jewelry. It is also not recommended to have more than $50 at any given time. Security of such items cannot be guaranteed and is your responsibility.
- No Food, candy, sugar, snacks, etc..
- No Energy drinks, body building supplements, vitamins.
- No tattoo equipment.